You have been dating someone for some time and are happy, but how do you know when it is love? Some people say When it is love you will just know. I disagree. If you have never been in love, how could you possibly know? Ask yourself a few questions.
- Do you find yourself wishing you were with them when you are away? Love doesn’t take a break just because you are not in their presence. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.
- Do you make decisions based on what is best for the both of you? When you truly love someone you put their needs above yours and don’t make rash decisions based on what you want, but what is best for you both.
- Do you get overly excited and happy when you see them? Love can play heavily with our emotions. If you are jumping for joy inside when you see your crush or if the mere thought of him has your heart doing backflips, you may be in love.
- Are you thoughts consumed by them? When you in love it is hard to focus on anyone but that person. You may find yourself daydreaming about your future together.
- Are you suddenly concerned with things you haven’t been before? Are you thinking of marriage and a future. If you can picture yourself walking down the aisle, it may be your hearts way of telling you that you are ready for the next step.
Not every crush means that you are in love. Take a day or two and step back from your relationship. Go out and have fun with some friends. If your thoughts never leave that of your partner you just might be in love.